Here are a few more tips for networking:
• Never burn your bridges.
• Send thank-you cards.
• Have plenty of business cards on hand.
• Follow up when asked to do a favor for someone from whom you might need a favor down the line.
• Strategically volunteer with organizations that have members or directors you’d like to network with.
• Ask to shadow people whom you would like to get to know and whose job positions interest you.
• Connect those in your network who you think might be able to help each other.
• Invite those who have experience in business or your industry to serve on an informal advisory board for your company.Ryan P. Allis, Zero to One Million, Loc.2389